Writer of Novels, Short Stories, Plays and Screeplays
Her website can be found at: sistersdent.wordpress.com.
Visit Roxanne's Amazon Author Page.
Roxanne is a resident of Haverhill, Massachusetts since 2000, having resided in Manhattan for many years. She first started writing poetry in high school and won a nationwide poetry competition for her poem, “The Devil’s Disciple.”
Since then, Roxanne has sold nine novels including her latest, The Janus Demon, an urban, paranormal fantasy was released in September 2014. Her latest short horror, “Bug Boy,” was also published recently in the anthology BUGS: Tales that Slither, Creep and Crawl.
Roxanne writes in various genres and mediums including theatrical plays, put on at the Firehouse Theater in Newburyport, screenplays, including “The Pied Piper, a thriller which won first prize in Fade-in Magazine. She wrote and directed a three minute thriller which won the Audience Choice Awards in the “Bare Bones International Film Festival.
Roxanne is currently working on Book Two, “Beyond the Iberian Sea.” In addition to novels, short stories, plays and screenplays, Roxanne wrote non-fiction articles and had an astrology column in a magazine.
She is a member of The Sunday Club, New England Horror Writers, Essex Writers and Artists Guild, the Fiction Writers Guild, Sisters in Crime, and The National Association of Professional Women.
BODY OF WORK
- “The Janus Demon,” a paranormal fantasy, Great Old Ones Publishing
- “The Twelve Days of Christmas,” A Regency, Raven's Wing Books
- “The American Heiress.” A Regency, Ravenous Romance
- “Island of Fear,” Gothic Mystery, Avon Books
- “The White Fog,” Paranormal Gothic,” Avon Books
- “Sweetwater Saga,” Frontier novel, Signet Books
- “Anatolia,” The Autobiography of an Abyssinian Cat, Manor Books
- “Bitter Harvest, Generational novel, Warner Books
- “Gallant Hearts,” World War I Romance, Jove
- “Bug Boy,” BUGS: Tales that Slither, Creep and Crawl.
- “Desert of Death,” Canopic Jars, Tales of Mummies and Mummification
- “Magnus the Magnificent,” The Call of Lovecraft
- “Zombies at Red Rock,” A Fistful of Horrors, Tales of Terror from the Old West
- “Epitaphs,” The Journal of New England Horror Writers
- “Miss Luella’s Magic Shop,” More Scary Kisses
- “The Ghost on Coffin Street,” Halloween Dances with the Dead
- “Mr. MacCawber’s Christmas Tradition,” Christmas Peace on All the Earths
- “The Legacy,” Anthology, Year One
- “Sasha and the Seven Rossetti Brothers,” Modern Fairy Tale, Spellbound
Shorts on Kindle:
- “Forbidden Love,” YA Horror
- “The Banshee of Muddy River, Horror
- “The Case of the Missing Wife,” Victorian Mystery
“A Weekend in the Country,” Farce, The Producer’s Club
In Collaboration with Karen Dent -Massachusetts:
- “Monkey Girl Blues,” Farce, The Firehouse Theater
- “Young at Heart,” Comedy, The Firehouse Theater, The Newbie Award
- “The Ghost of Mrs. Bing,” Comedy, The Tannery.
“The Pied Piper,” Thriller, First Prize, Fade-in Magazine.
Three Minute Movie:
- Wrote and directed, Valentine’s Day, Thriller
- Audience Choice Awards in “Bare Bones International Film Festival
Member of: The Sunday Club, NEHW, New England Horror Writers, EWAG, Essex Writers and Artists Group, The Fiction Guild, Sisters in Crime, NAPW, National Association of Professional Women.